Are you working in Birmingham, wanting to make a name for yourself in the city and build your network of business friends, that may well eventually turn into lifelong friends? Then networking may be the right thing for you.
In Birmingham, networking is something you can do (if you really wanted to) morning, lunch and night. There’s so much opportunity to meet new people and connect with countless other professionals in the city, whether it be for a business lead or just general relationship building.
If you are looking for networking events in the city then carry on reading as we offer up a sort of ‘beginners guide’ if you like.
- Brummies Networking. Hosted on the second Tuesday of every month at 10:00 AM – 12 PM at Grosvenor Casino on Broad St, you will be able to meet a lot of professionals in the city free of charge. This networking event is perfect, especially if you’re a newbie as it’s a no cost, nothing to lose situation.
- Snowhill Social hosted at the lovely Bar Opus at (you guessed it) Snowhill. This free social is hosted on the third Wednesday of the month, you get your first drink free and you can mingle amongst the other guests that are also there to meet new people and get to know some new faces.
- After you have been to a couple of free of charge events, you will start to get a feel for whether you like it or not, but it does take some getting used to. If you’re ready to commit to a small fee you should get in touch with SimKissGuy Recruitment who organise the Colmore Curry Club, The Colmore Breakfast Club & the Colmore Cocktail Club. Ranging from £5 – around £20, there is definitely something for everyone!
- Phoenix Lunch Club is hosted every month at a different venue, and you get to try out their lunch menu from 12 PM – 2 PM. This is a great opportunity to make your way through the long list of venues in Birmingham, and you can even put it on expenses as networking is classed as work. That’s a win-win I’d say!
- If you haven’t already, it would be a good idea to pick a membership with the Chamber. Dependent on what you want to get out of it there are different levels to the memberships which you can get in touch with them about, but one of our favourites in Future Faces. Future Faces is for the younger professionals to get together, meet one another, do some business networking and ultimately just having a nice evening as it’s more of a relaxed, social environment.
If you would like your networking event to be featured on The Brum Beat, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time,
The Brum Beat.